Welding is the most important technological process carried out in CHEMET.
In the field of pressure equipment and process equipment manufacturers, the appropriate range of implemented and precisely used welding methods decides on the release of products for use by notified institutions (UDT, TÜV and ASME). Taking care of the highest quality of welds, CHEMET for years have been using ESAB automatic and semi-automatic welding machines, as well as the latest manual welding machines.
Currently, in the welding technological process five methods are used complying with the requirements of designing and implementing regulations (among others: UDT, ASME, AD-Merkblätter, TRG, TRB, TRT, LR):
- Submerged-Arc Welding – acronym according to ASME system (SAW),
- welding with MIG (i.e. metal inert gas) and MAG methods (i.e. metal active gas) – acronym according to ASME system (GMAW),
- Flux Cored-Arc Welding – acronym according to ASME system (FCAW),
- welding with TIG method (i.e. Gas Tungsten-Arc Welding) – acronym according to ASME system (GTAW),
- welding with coated electrode (so-called Shielded Metal-Arc Welding – acronym according to ASME system (SMAW).
The welding methods shown above are applied during the assembly of carbon and high-alloy steel equipment.