70 YEARS OF HISTORY

THE FIRST YEARS OF THE COMPANY

 1940-1945

German "SEIFERT" Machine Factory opens in the existing plant a production subsidiary specializing in the production of pipelines made of weldless and welded pipes, lightweight steel constructions and vessels.

 

 

1945-1968

After the war, the state-owned Machine Factory concentrates on the production of welded and bent pipelines. Gradually, from the early 1950s, the Company's production profile begins to evolve in the direction of chemical equipment - ammonia vessels and coolers, brine vessels, heat exchangers, and interstage coolers. In 1955 the Company starts its export activities - first deliveries of industrial equipment to the USSR, Iran, China and Korea. Starting from 1961, the Company focuses exclusively on the production of chemical equipment.

 

RAPID DEVELOPMENT 

1968-1975

The Company changes its name to Works of Chemical Equipment CHEMET and soon the largest modernization of the plant begins, among others, launch of technological line for the production of portable vessels for liquid chlorine.


1976-1990

Numerous international approvals and certifications are granted to CHEMET, including TÜV Hannover for the production of portable vessels for chlorine, ammonia and freon. The Company also signs a licence agreement with ABB LHT for the production of air coolers.

THE LPG TIME


1990-1991

The dynamic growth of demand for aboveground LPG vessels in Germany contributes to extending the range of CHEMET's assortment. The Company obtains all the necessary certificates required for export of LPG vessels for the German market.


1992-1993

CHEMET receives the American ASME Quality System Certification with U-stamp for the production of boilers and pressure vessels. At the same time, the production of LPG vessels for the Polish market is launches, in accordance with the requirements of the Office of Technical Inspection. Conversion of the plant in to a joint stock company - Works of Chemical Equipment CHEMET SA.

1997-1999

The Company is awarded the ISO 9001 quality certificate issued by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance Ltd. Completion of the investment in Strzybnica - opening the plant producing aboveground and underground LPG vessels with yearly capacity of 8000 units. Launch of the Company's restructuring plan.

A DECADE OF CHANGE AND INNOVATION

2002

The privatization of the Company and completion of the restructuring process. Implementation of the serial production of modular LPG filling stations in co-operation with EMGAZ Sp. z o.o.

The dynamic growth of demand for aboveground LPG vessels in Germany contributes to extending the range of CHEMET's assortment. The Company obtains all the necessary certificates required for export of LPG vessels for the German market.

 

  2003-2004

The rapid development of production of tank car tanks for LPG, chlorine, ammonia and other chemicals. The serial production of LPG stations.

2005

Implementation of SAP R/3 integrated computer system, class ERP II.

2008-2010

The research project with NOT and the Cracow University of Technology in the design and manufacture of cryogenic ISO-container to transport LNG and atmospheric gases - oxygen, argon and nitrogen.

Launching an assembly line for the production of tank car tanks made of acid resistant steel.

Construction of the first modular LPG stations in South Africa and introducing LPG vessels to Russian and Middle East markets.

2011

The research project with NOT and the Cracow University of Technology in the design and production of series of stationary cryogenic tanks for LNG storage and atmospheric gases. Starting, as the first company in Poland, the production of complete LNG tank installations (regasification stations).

2012

Construction of the first LNG regasification station in Poland. In 2012 only four installations of this kind were commissioned in southern Poland.

2013

Completion of the design, production and certification processes of a first complete railway tank car for transportation of hydrocarbon gases (e.g.: propane, butane, LPG and their mixtures) with nominal volume of 112 m3.

 2015

Relocation of our second Production Department to Zagórska 167 street in Tarnowskie Góry.
In the the new location we opened production lines for LPG tanks and railway tanks.